VM redbook to be removed from netrexx.org

VM redbook to be removed from netrexx.org

rvjansen
Dear NetRexx users,

the IBM RedBook VM/ESA Network Computing with Java and NetRexx will be removed from the NetRexx site next week, as it is of only historical interest. If you want to download a copy, please do so within a week.

I was lucky enough to get an assignment on z/VM recently, but when I wanted to implement a Git version management system and deploy my NetRexx tools, I found out that IBM had decommissioned Java and NetRexx a couple of years ago. So the knowledge in this redbook has become irrelevant.

The removal of Java and NetRexx from VM is something I had missed, and I am disappointed by this action. The VM operating system, that in CMS still has some commands that are straight out of CTSS (assemble - load - start - genmod) did not preserve this functionality, not even in older releases (which would have been good enough for my purposes).

As the intention is to keep NetRexx a living language and not a museum, I will remove references to VM from the site and documentation.

best regards,

René.

Online Archive : http://ibm-netrexx.215625.n3.nabble.com/

Re: VM redbook to be removed from netrexx.org

jlturriff
        IBM has become so weird in recent times... :-(

Leslie