Are commands / statements centrally defined in the Netrexx source?

Are commands / statements centrally defined in the Netrexx source?

Fernando Cassia-2
Hi there,

I was wondering if Netrexx language statements are centrally defined,
so to speak, in the NetRexx source code, or scattered throught it.

Basically I'd like to create a NetRexx where all commands / statements
are translated to Spanish.

Would this be an easy task to accomplish? And where do I begin looking
in the source code?

Yes, as it's obvious, I've never looked at the NetRexx source code. :)

TIA
FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell

Online Archive : http://ibm-netrexx.215625.n3.nabble.com/

Re: Are commands / statements centrally defined in the Netrexx source?

Marc Simpson
I'd take a look at
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sourceforge.net_p_netrexx_code_ci_master_tree_src_org_netrexx_process_RxParser.nrx&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=_6rXNpPJ1fYV-3bV1za02NiR4PUelvicfHXwtnTXpXE&m=KZ5wxvaHQkXzfWqF0KQrke067OvyiCHy7EOZvKeJ-gI&s=uepkecJzV5sqk_DOlewuggY15Zqf5WHjbwjVw2hgQ24&e=
to start with; this maps keyword strings to clause parser objects.

/M

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 6:01 AM, Fernando Cassia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I was wondering if Netrexx language statements are centrally defined,
> so to speak, in the NetRexx source code, or scattered throught it.
>
> Basically I'd like to create a NetRexx where all commands / statements
> are translated to Spanish.
>
> Would this be an easy task to accomplish? And where do I begin looking
> in the source code?
>
> Yes, as it's obvious, I've never looked at the NetRexx source code. :)
>
> TIA
> FC
>
> --
> During times of Universal Deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary
> act
> Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
> Revolucionario
> - George Orwell

> Online Archive : https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ibm-2Dnetrexx.215625.n3.nabble.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=_6rXNpPJ1fYV-3bV1za02NiR4PUelvicfHXwtnTXpXE&m=KZ5wxvaHQkXzfWqF0KQrke067OvyiCHy7EOZvKeJ-gI&s=YSkuTsAZyavVqob3R9elXhfDvA3WkoJO44ihQh3mstU&e=

Online Archive : http://ibm-netrexx.215625.n3.nabble.com/

Re: Are commands / statements centrally defined in the Netrexx source?

Fernando Cassia-2

Re: Are commands / statements centrally defined in the Netrexx source?

Mike Cowlishaw

> On 9/28/17, Marc Simpson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I'd take a look at [RxParser.nrx]

<snip>

> Thanks Marc!

Yes, that's where the keywords are recognised.  At the time, I wondered
about whether to make those customizable/translatable -- like error messages
-- but 20 years ago computers were a lot slower.  Also it would have made
the documentation much more complex...

Yo estaría muy interesado en escuchar lo que haces!

Mike -- AKA Miguel :-)

On 9/28/17, Mike Cowlishaw <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On 9/28/17, Marc Simpson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > I'd take a look at [RxParser.nrx]
>
> <snip>
>
>> Thanks Marc!
>
> Yes, that's where the keywords are recognised.  At the time, I wondered
> about whether to make those customizable/translatable -- like error
> messages
> -- but 20 years ago computers were a lot slower.  Also it would have made
> the documentation much more complex...
>
> Yo estaría muy interesado en escuchar lo que haces!

I just thought that a lot of people down here are insterested in
learning programming but even Python uses English in its commands and
statemetns (all programming languages, in fact).

So I thought why not a beginner-friendly JVM language that uses
Spanish in its statements. NetRexx would fill that role.

I don't have time to do this _right now_, but I have two weeks off in
a few days so let's see what I can come up with :)

Translating the docs would be the EASY part. Translating the keywords
and commands and still getting everything running without smoke coming
out would be the difficult part. :)

FC

Online Archive : http://ibm-netrexx.215625.n3.nabble.com/

Re: Are commands / statements centrally defined in the Netrexx source?

Mike Cowlishaw

> > Yo estaría muy interesado en escuchar lo que haces!
>
> I just thought that a lot of people down here are insterested
> in learning programming but even Python uses English in its
> commands and statemetns (all programming languages, in fact).
>
> So I thought why not a beginner-friendly JVM language that
> uses Spanish in its statements. NetRexx would fill that role.
>
> I don't have time to do this _right now_, but I have two
> weeks off in a few days so let's see what I can come up with :)
>
> Translating the docs would be the EASY part. Translating the
> keywords and commands and still getting everything running
> without smoke coming out would be the difficult part. :)

Yes, a *very* interesting project!

Mike

Online Archive : http://ibm-netrexx.215625.n3.nabble.com/